Ever considered owning a franchise? This episode will help you understand the details.
We have Telanda Sidari, The Franchise Educator, is our guest. She is a senior franchise business consultant or coach.
She's been in this industry for a little over 10 years now, from owning two franchises to being on a development firm and representing a franchise, to now a business coach. Franchising and business coaching is definitely her passion.
Fun fact about Telanda - she was an intern on The Late Show with David Letterman!
In this episode we cover...
- What is a franchise?
- What business categories do franchises include?
- What should a potential franchise owner consider before buying a franchise?
- Why should someone consider buying a franchise before starting their own business?
- What skills do you need to be a successful franchise owner?
- Why is this a good option for an adult 50+?
- How does this process start? At what point in the decision/consideration process should someone contact you?
- How long can this take to purchase a franchise?
- Semi-absentee vs owner operator?
- Can or should owning a franchise be a long-term strategy investment?
- What are some reasons you shouldn’t look at buying a franchise?
Telanda's contact information is on her website.
The Successful Encore Career is a service of Employment For Seniors and sponsored by Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging, Nationwide Insurance, RiseSmart, Thompson Hine, and Circle270Media Podcast Consultants.
This podcast is free to you and available on your favorite podcast player. If you have benefited from this podcast and would like to help us defray costs involved in producing the podcast, we welcome your support. Click here to donate via our safe and secure PayPal account.
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or SubscribeOnAndroid.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD! We'd love it if you could please share this podcast with your social media friends!
If you liked this episode, please leave us a rating and a review in iTunes. Click here to learn how!